I wish I could take credit for this recipe but I can’t! I found it here and it’s perfect as-is! It’s the recipe I always use for peanut butter cookies and the only recipe I have found that works with natural peanut butter.
Yields about 2 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted half way
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (natural)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar for rolling
- Cream butter and brown sugar together until smooth with no lumps. Beat in the egg,vanilla and peanut butter until completely combined. Pour in flour and baking soda and mix until just incorporated without over-mixing. Dough will be very soft and sticky.
- Chill dough for at least 15 minutes.
- While dough is chilling preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper or mats.
- Measure granulated sugar into a small bowl and set aside. Roll 1″ rounded tablespoons of dough, roll in sugar and place about 1″ apart on prepared baking sheet (they don’t spread much). Bake cookies for 7-8 minutes. Allow to cool for only 5 minutes on baking sheet and then move them to a wire rack to finish, use a spatula to move to wire rack because they tend to fall apart when they’re warm.
- These cookies are so soft and so delicious, enjoy!
*Side note: since they are so soft they don’t travel the best.